Mozart & Versailles & Second Life: Movie!

There is a large 18th century court that has existed and is continuously being developed on Second Life.  A recent achievement is the new Chateau de Versailles, which is being constructed with incredible detail, all the way to the texture of stone work.

Interestingly enough, the owners of the Chateau de Versailles in Second Life have allowed a movie to be filmed there.  Based on Peter Shaffer's "Amadeus" there Mozart fans will be pleased to know a new film is going to be released soon! This August we can expect to be the first to watch Amadeus like you have never seen it before.

Check out the teaser trailer below.  Things I noticed right away: attention to detail! The afternoon tea looks amazing and the lady holding the fluffy dog is amusing.

8 comments:

  1. What a cool project! I must admit to being put off when the word vulgar was mis-spelled, but I love seeing SL used in such creative ways.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Versailles looks great, but, I don't know, it's just wierd to see Mozart as some tall chiseled looking guy and the history is really off...but I suppose one shouldn't look for accuracy with things like this. Seems like a fun project though!

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Diane I agree on both accounts!

    @Victoria LOL I thought the same thing at first! I bet creating this film was a blast to make- will you be watching?

    ReplyDelete
  4. You know Lauren, I'm so out of the loop! I really knew nothing about this whole Second Life thing until your post this morning! But I'm curious now so I'm sure I'll check it out :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Victoria wait until you have a few good free hours! *be warned! There are so many people using Second Life (18th century fans) it is surprising. But if your computer can't run large programs you will not get to see much! Worth looking into for sure :o)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Crazy! People never fail to surprise me.

    ReplyDelete
  7. MarieJosette Laville and MariaAntonia Barenhaut have put a lot of work into it, over the course of what I think has been at least two years now. A good deal is still to be built, but it really does look nice in this video.

    ReplyDelete
  8. MarieJosette Laville8:55 AM

    we started this project like 3/4 year ago :)
    However the sims will be closed soon for some renovation!

    ReplyDelete