Out of the Salon: Conferencing and such


I will be out of town and more importantly away from my trusted computer for the rest of the week!  I am sure I will miss a lot of the happenings in blog land so, bear with!  I will do my best to keep up to date on ye olde Twitter, so you can always reach me there!

So a few things before I head out:
Last week we had a poll "Why do you love 18th century France?" and the results are in!


The art
  37 (39%)
The fashion
  68 (73%)
The political scene
  20 (21%)
The music
  30 (32%)
The theatre
  21 (22%)
The royal court
  43 (46%)
The architecture
  39 (41%)
The scandals!
  33 (35%)

Clearly we are a very fashionable crowd with extensive knowledge of the historical royal court and its colorful inhabitants with an appreciation for architecture and art!

The Scarlet PimpernelI started to read The Scarlet Pimpernel avec Heather, and I just love it. In fact, it has been the source of my lack of sleep lately! I stay up and say 'just one more chapter' and then of course regret my foolish choice the next morning- but when a book is that good, how can you complain! If anyone else wants to read along I suggest it! We can all discuss SP & the characters within!

Ok, off to bed! *tosses book across the room*

2 comments:

  1. While you probably do know this, there about nine other Scarlet Pimpernel books that were reissued about a year back. The Scarlet Pimpernel is still the best, but the rest are just as fun to read!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the Scarlet Pimpernel. I bought it when I was about twelve and loved it then and still do. It's such a fun story.

    ReplyDelete