18th Century inspired: Hair and Fashion

"18th century inspired" posts feature some current items or trends I have come across that are inspired by our favorite century! As always, post your findings here in the links or email them to me and I will add them to the list! This batch of items is all about creating a contemporary look with 18th century flair!



Fashion and hair ideas...these photographs by Erum Rizvi (@misserum) feature the pouf with a modern twist, tied with contemporary clothing, and yes I think we could wear this any time.  Even the hair styles are fine by me! (maybe not for the work place, but we are ready for the weekend here!) Lovely!

Images via erumrizvi.com
 

BHLDN has a new campaign out that states "Pretty, Witty & Bright" - totally describes all of us here! First of all, I would love to know where this photo set was taken, I LOVE the interior.  Just being there and I would feel fabulous enough!




Secondly they have some great accessories and shoes, I can only imagine the inspiration.  I am thinking Georgiana!  Heather posted about the Duchess of Devonshire's wedding and the gold ornaments she wore to her wedding and Two Nerdy History Girls posted on her gold wedding dress, and I can't help but think these shoes would go so well with it!


Ok on to make up!  This video shows what  you need to create a Marie Antoinette look inspired by the Trianon-phase the queen experienced in the 2006 movie, Marie Antoinette: (super pretty)




Sport the footwear of the times, freshly made, these shoes are called "Georgiana" and are currently on pre-sale for a discounted price, so grab your pair before it is too late (as in April 22!) via Danae

3 comments:

  1. Hey, not sure if this is something that would interest you, but a group of ladies are trying to get some reproduction 18th century style shoes made. Unfortunately they can only do it if 100 people make an order. I was hoping maybe you would make a post about it in case there's anyone that follows you that might be interested in a pair!



    http://americanduchess.blogspot.com/2011/03/introducing-georgiana-18th-century.html




    ps. I'm not benefiting financially or otherwise from this. Just hoping to get those shoes made for the girls ordering!

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Danae thanks for the suggestion, keep them coming!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I know there's some tutorials on Youtube on how to do a Marie Antoinette or 18th century inspired look:

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CgFkCz4wAmE

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Er1dVbFn_M

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aTItXxcKVRQ

    ReplyDelete