Dressed up for the Holidays: Chatsworth

Wintery Chatsworth
Rick Harrison, Wintery Chatsworth. 2005, Flickr.

While some of us have been vocal about the abrupt appearance of holiday music and decor *cough* Heather,* others are pleased to welcome it!  I am planning to hang up some wreaths I made this weekend to evoke a bit of holiday spirit but there is one place I have found that truly pleases with its seasonal decor.

christmas decorations at chatsworth house
Entryway. MarieGossip.


Chatsworth, the home of the duke and duchess of Devonshire (and previously our very own Georgiana, Duchess of Devonshire) is officially 'dressed' for the season every holiday season.

As tradition, tons of decorations are brought out, dressing corners, railings, doorways, the library etc.  The scent of cinnamon and pine sweep through the home, and the toasty atmosphere is a welcomed retreat from November.  Even the table is set for a holiday dinner!

Chatsworth House dining table with holiday decor
Chatsworth House dining room with Christmas decorations. MarieGossip.
If roaming through the halls is not enough for you, the shop features decor you can bring home.  I have several lovely ornaments from the shop that are incredibly unique! I highly recommend a visit and even though she may be grumbling I will speak for Heather too, Chatsworth dressed for the holidays is well worth the trip!

I put together a short video from my trip so you can check out the amazing estate in its holiday form! Enjoy ~


3 comments:

  1. After watching "the Dutchess" it is a little difficult to appreciate Chatsworth without feeling a little sad.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is awe inspiring, but I agree with Claire.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Arg poor Georgiana

    ReplyDelete